Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sick day.

I finally have a reader (hi Mom!)! Today's post isn't much, I didn't go in to work today because I woke up scratchy throated, blocked up, headachey and nauseated. After getting up and having a bit of breakfast I felt a bit better, I took Craig to do a few things and then to work, came home and slept for about 4 hours. I got up and felt a bit better but was fairly bored so I decided to do some gardeny stuff.


I re-arranged the corner by the table, one chair has been temporarily employed as a plant stand because the spider plant wasn't getting enough light where it was. These pictures were at the end of the day so he looks considerably more perky than this morning. We've also gotten the annual Christmas poinsettia, and someone looks a little different than last time. Which leads me to...


Dracaena has been beheaded! Unbeknownst to me the plant had gotten frozen on the truck on the way home and I was left to scratch my head as a normal looking plant suddenly got very dark and dropped all of it's leaves. After I discovered this I decided it was better off for me to chop off all the misshapen trunks and hope for new branches. I left one top on because this one has fresh new green growth coming out. We will see what happens here!


We also bought this "Frosty Fern", I know it's tacky but I love grocery store holiday plants with the garish foil and silly ornaments. This will be repotted in a normal pot after Christmas. There were also live Holly plants at the one Safeway we went to last grocery day, we ended up having to go to a different Safeway for what we needed so I left without buying it, thinking they would all have them. Nope! Hopefully the one we usually go to gets them in soon!


Everyone is looking nice and lush today!


My Pothos rehabilitation project is coming along nicely I think.


This dracaena also got one of it's ends chopped off. I'm not sure what happened to it but it got dark and soft so I just cut it off. Hopefully it branches!


And I will finish off with a picture of my favourite plant, china doll. It's gotten so big and pretty and I love it!

Well that's all for today, I'm off to make some Campbell's chicken noodle and cocoon myself on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment