Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Amazing $5 Corn Plant!

Continuing with the Snowy St. Patty's Day Post Extravaganza(tm)!, and the emerging theme of Pictures Of My Houseplants, here is a little picture and story of the $5 corn plant, because I can't leave a plant behind! We were at Home Depot the other day as we do sometimes, and they had a sale of large houseplants for $10. Lots of dracaena, which we already have quite a few of, and a few dieffenbachia which we also have a couple of already. There was also this corn plant, which was looking very scraggly and brown and sad. When we asked the lady if it was $10 as well, she answered that she would give it to us for $5 because no one wanted it and it was pretty sad looking. Sold! I took it home, cut off all the brown stuff, cleaned it up and put it in it's temporary home in an old dutch oven (temporary because we are moving soon so I will repot it at the new house, and I want to give it some time to recover before replanting it), sat it on a box in front of the window to get some light and look at how nice it looks! I forgot to take a "before" picture but I think it's looking pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment